Monday, October 7, 2013

Vintage Lamp Takes a Trip from Drab to Worldly

I love going to the Thrift Store. There is nothing else that gets my more excited. Finding that one "peculiur piece that needed a makeover. Then as I was working around the house and realized I had some vintage pieces of my fiance's who needed me just as much.

Today, I came across this light. Never paid much attention to it until I was replacing the cabinet that it was sitting on with a upcycled piece I got from the thrift store. I soon realized as I was staging my new cabinet that this light had been overlooked.

The lampshade was one of the old shades that had the fabric glued onto the plastic shade. So I decided to use the existing shade and take the outer fabric piece off.



I decided that I wanted a different look for it, something that would be a focal point and began rummaging through my finds. I came across an atlas that I had gotten at the neighborhood thriftstore for .25. I knew right then that was the answer. 

After carefully cutting pictures from the atlas I neatly glued them onto the lamp shade. I couldn't be happier about the outcome.





  • Vintage Light (onhand)           $.00
  • Atlas from thrift store             $.25                

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • TOTAL OF TODAY’S PROJECT    $.25 




No comments:

Post a Comment