Friday, October 4, 2013

Making A Light From Multiple Thrift Store Finds

I have a soft spot for old vintage lights. Whenever I come across them, I just have to buy them (at the right price). They always look so pitiful to me and forgotten about. I also have a weakness for the color of that deep dark blue color you find in antique dishes. Today I happened across this wonderful light bar and this pack of deep blue shades.


I was lucky enough to find these together at one Thrift Shop that I go to. Even though they were never together, I knew that this was a project that I had to do. I decided to go with the nickel color that was the leading on the shades.  For some reason, brass isn't the "in style" unless something is made of solid brass. So I painted the bar light Krylon Satin Nickel. After just a few coats and attaching the shades, I had a new light that was absolutely beautiful in no time at all.


It was beautiful lit up as well.


I think we fail to realize just how easy, inexpensive and fun it is to transform something just by a little bit of paint.

  • Krylon Paint 3.97
  • Light bar 3.00
  • Light shades 4.99
----------------------------------------------------

TOTAL OF TODAY’S PROJECT   11.96


No comments:

Post a Comment