Saturday, October 5, 2013

TV Console Turned Hutch For $10.00

TV Console Turned Hutch For $10.00

I thought I would share a find that I have upcycled lately. It was a Made in Italy by Ballard Designs Console. I picked it up at the local thrift store for 8.00. I decided that I wanted it much higher than the 2 inch ball legs that were on it. I wanted to turn it into a hutch that I could utilize more than as a TV stand.

Image 

 I had a coffee table that I made the top of this bench seat from. What remained were 4 legs and the decorative edge from the coffee table.


  Image Image

Upon measuring the decorative edge from the coffee table it was almost a perfect fit.

Image 

I then applied the decorative edge, along with the legs from the leftover coffee table and it worked out better than I thought. I used the same hardware as well and screwed everything into place.

Image 
After applying all of my pieces, I repainted it and gave it a shabby look. I can't believe I found a console made in Italy by Ballard Designs that normally sells for $600.00. I paid 8.00 for the console and the left over pieces of a $2.00 coffee table.

.

  • Thrift Store Console by Ballard Designs   8.00
  • Paint from previous projects                     free
  • Wood legs and decorative wood              2.00

--------------------------------------

  •  TOTAL OF TODAY’S PROJECT     $10.00
Upcycled Ballard Designs Console


No comments:

Post a Comment