Sunday, October 6, 2013

New View For Vintage Windows

I recently came across some old windows for a great deal. I drove 2 hours with my grandson to pick them up and drag all 35 of them home. When I arrived I was looking at some small town history right in front of me. The stories those windows could have told. Some were in bad shape, others not as bad. But what they all had was character. I couldn't wait to bring them home and begin to let my imagination run wild. Here are some of the windows and the pictures of my creativity for a few of them.



Many looked like this, a little run down, It just needed some TLC and to be Reloved.


Window Board for Photos & Chalkboard


Vintage Broyhill married to Vintage Window to give a new interesting look for both.


At Fourth of July I was inspired and made an outdoor flag Wall Art for the Front Porch. I used the handle from the flag as a decoration down the left side and added some stars to the outer part of the window.


Vintage window with legs from a thrift store table give this vintage window a leg up.


I love stained glass, but it is so expensive. I decided to use stain paint and made my own faux stained glass and added vintage hardware for effect. 

More Stained Glass effect.


I had several of these size windows they were perfect for making chalkboards. With available photo holders for the top or your favorite picture.


More chalkboards.


Wipe Off / Corkboard Vintage Window


After many projects I decided to use up the leftover windows that I had and made a greenhouse that I plan on utilizing next summer to start plants and for an herb garden.


  • 35 windows                                     $50.00
  • Hardware from flea markets appx       $1.00 ea                
  • Various thrift store end tables            $2.00

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


  •  TOTAL OF TODAY’S PROJECT     appx $8.00 each


No comments:

Post a Comment