Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ugly Betty Gets A Makeover




More and more people are interested in recycling. The fact that they can help the environment and improve their life at the same time makes them become more engaged and attracted to all kinds of projects that refer to this problem. Starting today I want to engage others into looking at things in a different perspective. I am talking to you “Do it yourselfers” a.k.a “DIY“, or even those who think they couldn't draw a circle. Get in touch with your inner creativity, you may just be surprised.

As I begin this first blog for the long haul, I might as well come clean from the start. As one of my best friends always said "I'm driving Miss Crazy" when I rode in the car with him. In a way he was right.

They say the key is to first; admit you have a problem...I have several. I love thrift stores, flea markets as well as the good ole garage sale. But what I love even more is the items that I find (the stranger the better) that cross my path. I look at those unforgotten keepsakes and hand me downs as "still alive and doing well". Where most might say, "that's just junk". The object here is to see things as they once were and even more times, as what they can become. Hopefully you will find yourself laughing sometimes at my "inner" child and my passion of changing one piece of junk at a time. I also hope that you can find some ideas to use yourself as I begin this blog about my passion...upcycling.

As I am no writer, just a talker (ask anyone). I am going to try to let my fingers type my words as you go along with me through my daily life. If you got this far....I thank you for reading.

Today's #repurposedonpurpose is a wonderful light Marked Made in Mexico that I found that was screaming Ugly Betty. But, I like the underdog and swept it off the shelf. Not to mention it was only $3.99.

I brought it home and I dug out all my paint. I knew that the brass color had to go.and I wanted to make this lamp more “current” and decided on nickel color. Even though I have a good stash of junk, I didn’t have what I really wanted and that was world globes. I really wanted to make the light bulbs into globes or planet looking lights. But, that will have to be for another day. Instead I took what I did have on hand and decided to paint the globes instead. `

Despite having to use my second choice, I was very pleased with the outcome. I was even more elated when I found out that my light was actually a 3-way light as well. Each globe comes on one at a time and then all 3 come on if you want more light.


Light                          3.99
Paint already on hand 0.00
----------------------------------------------
Total of today’s Project 3.99


Junkin4Humanity.com  #J4H

No comments:

Post a Comment