Monday, October 21, 2013

Wood and Rod Iron Coffee Table Upcycle

My furniture is always changing. I find my ugly duckling furniture pieces and drag them home a couple of times a week. But normally I fix them up and sell them after my project. As I went on my daily trip to the thrift stores today I came across this table which didn't need much done to it and I LOVED for myself!  Even though it was more than I ever pay for a table I decided to buy it for my sun porch.



As you can see it has wonderful simple design, but what I didn't like is the dark wood that was on the finish. I wanted something with a lighter colored look.

I sanded off the old varnish making sure to go along the grain. I then added a maple stain but kept the darker sides for depth and within a half an hour, I have a new table.

Thrift Store Wood and Rod Leg Table Upcycle

  • table (thrift store)                 $10.00
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • TOTAL OF TODAY’S PROJECT   $10.00




No comments:

Post a Comment