Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Kitchen Remodeling Project By Junkin4Humanity

As I had mentioned in previous posts, I have been redecorating my home room by room with my thrift store finds. Decorating is not only fun, but the satisfaction of how much money you can save doing it through thrift store finds is incredible. Where else can you spend little money, have it look exactly how you want and your husband not be mad at you. By the way, the perfect time to go is while he's watching football on Sundays, he'll never know you've left the house!

Kitchen Makeover Before

When I met my fiance, his theme was the "divorced-my-brother-gave-it-to-me" look. I'm not saying he didn't give it a good try, but there was some finishing up that needed to be done....extensively. Over the next couple of weeks I will take you through my journey as this house becomes a home. 

First, in the kitchen were blinds, green walls, and white cabinets.


Here you see the 2 holes that used to be covered up by a very bad "curtain". Not sure what it use to be, but I knew it needed some work.


Here you can really see the green paint!


 Yep, Thats John!...the green paint and old wallpaper.


 green paint and leftover wallpaper...Nice...Not.


Another Bad Angle (They are all bad though on this wall)


Kitchen Makeover After



Here is my 3 rolls of wallpaper for .99 cents. Although I swore never to wallpaper, the incredible deal made it look even better. It also gave me a good look for a contrast wall that I love to do in each room.


On this wall I painted the upper above the cabinets a contrasting color to the wallpaper.


Then a beige color for the walls.

Finishing up the Kitchen on Tomorrow's Blog!




  • paint for kitchen walls              $16.99
  • Contrast color above sink          $ 4.99
  • ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • TOTAL OF TODAY’S PROJECT      $21.98



No comments:

Post a Comment