Thursday, October 17, 2013

Not Just A Bed Anymore- Repurposed Bed to Bench

The thrift stores are filled with headboards and footboards and if your lucky an occasional side rail or two. But for upcycle fanatics all that doesn't matter. What we are interested in is it's design.

Nothing is more fun than taking old beds and making them into new items. In an earlier blog, I posted on Queen Size Headboard Turned Into A Coat Rack. Today I want to share with you my Bed to Bench project. I know this is not a new concept, but I thought I would share my project design.

This was actually my first attempt at this and found this headboard and footboard really cheap, so I thought "why not"!

 

The important part is do your research first before making any cuts. There are so many variations to end up with your final bench. I finished this project this past summer before I was blogging so I don't have step by step details on this project. But, hopefully this will give you some inspiration if you would like to do one for yourself.


It's just a matter of taste and design and you can make a bench from a bed as well within a day or two for yourself.


  • Paint .50 at Lowes x 2               $1.00
  • bed (thrift store)                       $4.99
  • various vintage hardware            $ .00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • TOTAL OF TODAY’S PROJECT       $5.99



No comments:

Post a Comment